What is the procedure for me or my lab to start using the UW-Madison instance of LabArchives?
1. The PI of the lab (or their designee) must be the one to request accounts for the ELN. See our Service Eligibility page for more information.
- Review the other information on this website, particularly the Frequently Asked Questions and Data Considerations sub-pages.
2. Fill out the account request form located on the Sign Up page with as much information as possible.
3. Once you submit the form, you will receive an automated response indicating your request was received. A service team member will personally respond to your request with further directions and to set up accounts.
4. Meet with a service team member to go over the on boarding process, give different ideas on how to set up your notebook, help with assigning rights and access for your lab members, and assist you with any questions you may have.
What information should I have ready when I meet with a member of the service team?
To allow for an efficient on boarding process, please have the following information ready when the service team member arrives. If possible, please fill out the Sign Up form completely.
- Names, emails, and NetIDs of all lab members that will use the service
- A list of questions for the service team
I have more questions that aren’t answered on this web page. Where can I find out more?
There are a number of resources available to answer your questions. The DoIT Help Desk has an number of entries related to the LabArchives service on their website. Additionally, LabArchives has information available on their website as well as a number of instructional videos that introduce the product. Another resource is the ELN Service Team, who are available to answer your questions if possible, and route them to the appropriate levels where necessary. Check the Help and Support page for more.